Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Adventures In Sewing

I swear I have ADD when it comes to a lot of things. My hobbies being one of those things. I'll pick up a new hobby and I will basically exhaust it until I can't even think about doing it again. Every Christmas I try to think of something creative to make for gifts. One year it was cards, another year stockings, this year I decided to venture into sewing. I can count on maybe one hand how many times I have sat behind a sewing machine. Something inside of me decided it was something I wanted to challenge myself with. I can't give away what it is that I am sewing because that takes away the element of surprise for those of you getting these gifts but I decided to pick something super easy to start out with. The funny thing is the first one I made was pretty crappy (sorry to that person who is getting it, I promise I'll make a new one if it happens to disintegrate at first touch) and I progessively got better the more I made. I'm going to start attempting to alter my own clothes. We'll see how that goes. I would love to make my own clothes someday! Maybe one day I'll get my own machine instead of using my mom's!




No comments:

Post a Comment